Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSEXARCD: Idoc archiving deletion program issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two queries:

1. The Idoc archive deletion program, RSEXARCD, when executed in background, terminates when there are no archive files to process (as seen in SARA). How can we prevent this? Our deletion jobs are scheduled weekly, but sometimes there are no archive files created from the archive write program RSEXARCA.

2. Secondly, how can we process multiple archive files using this program RSEXARCD in background? Currently, it processes only one archive file at a time and takes up the oldest unprocessed archive file. Also, would like to know how it gets this information of the oldest unprocessed archive file?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1-i At most of my customers there was no need to save IDOCS.

They can be deleted directly via transaction WE11

2 Use program RSARCHD (via se38) to schedule deletes of any archive files

more details on note 205585

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion of using RSARCHD to schedule the delete jobs. It checks for existing files / sessions and only then

schedules the delete job.

However, an important point to be noted is to check / uncheck the "Jobs per archiving object" option, as it makes a lot of difference.

If its not checked, then the program checks for existing delete jobs across all archiving objects and might terminate if

max no of jobs value is reached.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if a program terminates, then you should look into the dump to see the root cause and follow the instructions. e.g. search for OSS notes with the metioned terms

I just searched with the terms "archiving idocs termination" and found 12 notes with program fixes.

Further, the program names you mentioned are not the most recent programs.

Have a look into OSS note Note 582828 - IDoc archiving: Standardization

maybe you will not have your problems anymore if you use the new programs