cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSBOLAP 018 Error In WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, i am using BI 7.0. And am trying to execute reports from WAD. However it always gives an error saying

"RSBOLAP 018 Java System Error: An unknown error has occoured during portal communication" while opening the report and

"RSBOLAP 018 Java System Error: Incoming call not authorised" while executing the report.

I read SAP Note 937697 and executed the support tool to receive the following error.

RED: BI Mastersystem

Error: Error while connecting to BI mastersystems via RFC. java.lang.RuntimeException: Native connection to banckend system is broken

Solution: Check connection properties in Portal Systemlandscape category 'Connector' (Systemlandscape / SAP_BW)

I checked on the same...and all seems correct...also the connectivity tests in the BI Portal pass

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I also solved the problem.

In the case someone else is going to have this issue here some quick hints:

1) If you have an add-in installation AS ABAP+Java with both using the same <SID> you need to recreate the SSO keys with an alternative <SID>. Note that you need to restart the system afterwards.

2) I also needed to manually change the ACL certificate in STRUSTSSO2 to the right client.

3) Finally I had to install a correction mentioned in a note (937697)

I hope this will save some time for the next person with these problems.

In case all my remarks didn't help note 917950 is a good starting point.

Especially have a look at the attached pdf, it is a nice illustration of the required settings.

Regards,

Minima

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please forward me the pdf document you are refering to? how to recreate

the SSO keys with an alternative <SID>?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check attachments which are part of 917950.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minima Mingolo,

we all have the same problem. can you kindly eloborate the solution you are referring. sso with alternate sso means a different sso which doesnt exists, i.e if our server SID is PRD then we need to change the sso DEV or something else which is not related to PRD. it would be greate if you can kindly eloborate your solution for this. <REMOVED_BY_MODERATOR>

Edited by: Pravender on Nov 1, 2010 12:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's going to be pretty hard for you to award any points since it's not your thread.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

thanks a lot, i am able to solve my problem. thanks a lot for you all for your valuble updates in the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved the problem my self

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo

I am having the same problem, please let me know if you happen to find a solution.

Regards,

Mingolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run the support tool and i mentioned the finding in my initial question. The scenario is i have a BI Portal to which the reports need to be published...also role upload does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may wish to check below

Note 916090 - RFC-error messages in Web Application Designer 2004s

Note 989525 - BI 2004s: Checking Java Connections Web Application Designer

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Ask ur basis person :-

SPRO Portal integration

Maintain Single Sign On certificate.

It will work.

Thanks,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you run the diagnostic tool which is part of note 937697 ?