Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA7 Delta Update/Delta Repitition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one doubt regarding delta queue.

Letus suppose in delta 100 records are there.

Now If delta gets fail due to some reason.

And I am going to repeat the delta from BI side.Now in this case how many records will come ,is it 100 only or extra.

What is the difference in record wise in Delta Update/Delta Repitition in RSA7.

Pls explain with example.

Thanks,

Saveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Krishan rao , Surender reddy,Sathya prasad, Saveen kumar.

now i understood the concept.

Prakash.Vadala

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Letus suppose in delta 100 records are there. Now If delta gets fail due to some reason. And I am going to repeat the delta from BI side.Now in this case how many records will come ,is it 100 only or extra.

Last delta is failed so in RSA7 you can see the Repeat delta option, so the System will maintain the Failed/last delta records also, so If you repeate the delta in BW then it will fetch the Failed records 100 + any new records in Delta Queue

You can see in following Article

Checking the Data using Extractor Checker (RSA3) in ECC Delta Repeat Delta etc...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/80f4c455-1dc2-2c10-f187-d264838f21b5&override...;

I still have some doubt like if delta is failed for yesterday.Again the new delta records will come for today in delta queue. So if we we do repeat delta then only previos day delta records will come or new records for today also come. When the records from Delta queue is deleted.

It will fetch all Old i.e. Repeate Delta Queue + New records in Delta Queue

Checking the Data using Extractor Checker (RSA3) in ECC Delta Repeat Delta etc...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/80f4c455-1dc2-2c10-f187-d264838f21b5&override...;

Data Flow from LBWQ/SMQ1 to RSA7 in ECC and Delta Extraction in BI

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/business-intelligen...

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through the articles.

Could you please let me know when the entry from RSA7 is deleted.

Thanks,

Saveen Kumar

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No entry will deletes from RSA7, if you run Delta InfoPackage more then 2 times in BW then all records will become ZERO in RSA7.

If you select the DataSource in RSA7 and delete it then it will loose delta and you can't find that DS in RSA7, so don't do it. You can delete this DS in RSA7 at the time of Init loads only.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Thanks for the reply.

If the delta records for yesterday are 100.

and for today it is 50.

If the delta is failed.

Then If i go for repeat delta then will it fetch 150 records.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Could you please let me know when the records from RSA7 is deleted.

Thanks,

Saveen Kumar

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the delta records for yesterday are 100. and for today it is 50. If the delta is failed.Then If i go for repeat delta then will it fetch 150 records. Correct me if i am wrong.

Yes, it will fetch total 150 records

Could you please let me know when the records from RSA7 is deleted.

RSA7 won't delete any records, please try to under stand, once your Delta Laods are success then RSA7 wil disply ZERO records, this we call it as RSA7 is empty.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have one more doubt.

1) If delta fails : The system maintains the delta records in delta repetition table in RSA7 , so that missing records got loaded by next run( i.e Delta repetiotion)

2) If Suppose Delta repetition also fails ( Due to heavy loads).or loads are hanged

then how to get the missing delta records.

Coud you please explain the concept little bit more

advanced thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Surender has given the almost required answers abt ur post....

First thing for a repat delta to be successful is the correspoding datasource shuld support repeat delta.

In that case even delta fails once or twice as u delete the failed requests and reset the delta management by making QM status RED then automatically system treats that as a failed delta and it'll give the backup when you re-run the delta from BI...

Note: It'll fetch all the failed records+ any new delta records created in the mean time.

And then when RSA7 deletes the entries??

It never delete the entries itself...when you run a 1st delta from BI and when the next 2nd delta run is succesfull then the old entries for which the first loaded data into BI was done will be deleted.

It confirms that there is no need of first delta entries as this is already loaded successfully into BI.

--

rgds,

Edited by: Krishna Rao on Mar 30, 2010 3:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, reply from surendra and krishna is correct.

when ever Infopackage runs and if it success, automatically RSA7 (Delta Queue) queue will clear the records.

i.e. queue will have an empty untill next run.

Hope you clear.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the delta records for yesterday are 100. and for today it is 50. If the delta is failed.Then If i go for repeat delta then will it fetch 150 records.

After successfully loaded 150 records into the target,  run the same infopackage it will fetch the 50 records stored in delta update if its do so redundancy may occur right?

Thanks,

Banupriya

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only 100 record will come in delta repetation.

RSA7 contains delta and repeat delta (If datasource is "Repeat delta" enabled) records at any point. You can see them in RSA7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I still have some doubt like if delta is failed for yesterday.Again the new delta records will come for today in delta queue.

So if we we do repeat delta then only previos day delta records will come or new records for today also come.

When the records from Delta queue is deleted.

Thanks,

Saveen Kumar

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saveen

Check oss Note 380078 - FAQ: BW delta queue (RSA7): Questions and answers

It will clear all your doubts.