cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA3 - Extractor tester 2LIS_11_VAITM

0 Kudos

I try to run RSA3 for 2LIS_11_VAITM datasource using the selection filter

VBELN = 907

It takes too long to finish. What other information should I provide?

Update Mode: ?

Target System: ?

Depending on the Update mode from which System Tables the extractor program tries to fetch the information.

In case I am using UpdateMode: F

the program goes thru function module MCEX_BW_LO_API and uses the code:

CASE s_estruc.

sel 'MC11VA0ITM' mc11va0itm_tab mc11va0itmsetup.

What is "sel" in this case?

What is the meaning of the above ABAP statement. I understand that mc11va0itmsetup is the SETUP table. Does the program searches thru the setup table sequentially ? (My setup table contains millions of records)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto,

By walking thru the Function module MCEX_BW_LO_API, I see that "sel" is a MACRO.

How can we put a breakpoint within a macro and step thru it?

By the way, your replies on threadID=16968 are very useful in getting a feeling about the extraction mechanism.

BerndSieger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

unfortunately you can not debug macros.

The reason for the problem you are experiencing is deeply ingrained in the design of the setup tables (MC*SETUP).

They are cluster tables and for this reason you can not directly SELECT data from them with a where clause trying to match a specific field.

For example VBELN is not a field in MC11VA0ITMSETUP, so you can not quickly identify the single matching record via SELECT. But you rather have to read every line of the table, decompress it and then evaluate your selection.

You see, those tables have been designed with a full upload in mind, but not with selecting a small amount of records.

Hope that helps,

Bernd Sieger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

you are perfectly right !

The system takes data from setup table and you have to wait while the system search through your huge table...

How much time does it need to perform this extraction ?