Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

room index permissions

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an index on rooms_extension and i added it to basic search iview in the tool area. Now i can find documents stored in collaboration room, but the problem is that i can find documents in rooms that i dont belong to. The index permissions are set to "Everyone", how can i map it so that it will disply only documents from rooms i belong to?

Roni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Roni,

Even though Everyone group has index permissions, you can restrict the displayed search results by restricting the permissions on folders for users.

<b>Permissions for folders and documents in the repository</b>

Before displaying the results list, the system carries out a permissions check for every document found. The system displays only documents for which the current user has adequate permissions in the results list. If a user does not have read permission for a document, the document in question is not displayed in the results list.

Check this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1f/9c4b079456394eb60a4d893a05b4d5/frameset.htm

Greetings,

Praveen Gudapati

p.s. Points are always welcome for helpful answers

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

The documents directory in the room have permissions only for the room members (group ROOM_ROOMNAME_MAIN and user collaboration_service.

despite this, any user can find documents inside that room.

any suggestions?

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

hi roni,

make sure you index only one room extension and not room CM store .

Hadar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roni

By default you should not be able to see documents in other collaboration rooms than the rooms, you have entered (which means either public rooms, you have entered of interest or restricted rooms you have been invited to or created yourself). It has got nothing to do with the index permissions, since the index permission only control who can see and search the index - the permissions on document-level is not controlled there.

What version of TREX are you running? I have had a similar problem where an upgrade of the TREX solved the problem.

Kind regards,

Martin