cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll-Call

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Outside in the world, everybody is speaking of SDN. Supposedly. But here , we check day and night, and find no activity. All is quiet on the SDN front. Maybe we are all happy, and nothing is to be said. (Which can be a nice feeling in a confusing world. We are not complaining!)

Nevertheless, let us once, and once only!, follow the American technique of "me too". If you made it here, just append a short comment onto this thread, incrementing the counter. We must grow the community to critical mass, as only then does it help us to learn from one another.

regards, brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (17)

Answers (17)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just joined the brave new world of BSP - your weblogs have taught me the most and are proving invaluble in helping me pick up the new (for me - coming from ABAP) way of coding .. why doesn't sap press produce books with such good content

Cathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP Press book (on BSP) is not that bad... combined with the example applications in the WAS and of course the weblogs and postings in this forum. Nice to be part of a growing community.

thorsten_staby
Explorer
0 Kudos

hey, what can i say  - a little late but nevertheless : here I am, logged in and catching up reading all these posts...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

No doubts about the benifits of the forum..I have been here several times and the info here has  always been helpful.

Looks like most sheeps are on vacation!!!:)

Yathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

to speak with your words: Increase the counter and send me some chocolate

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

as an "old" abap'er I find the BSP concept to be one of the most refreshing aspects of SAP these days (and there are a lot..) R3 has come a long way since I started digging my way into the SAP world. Keep the forum alive, and keep the counter going....

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Thats a great intiative to discuss on a new intresting BSP technology.

Adding a counter to ur thread.

Regards

Sujan -DC XD India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I'm new to this news group, but if this helps no to close the forum.

Regards

Angel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Brian

I am new to BSP....but found this forum very informative.......

add one more to counter...

Naresh

Bernd_Oechsler
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Yes now I'm also infected by adding my cheep-counters to your forum. And so i follow also your 'roll-call' to the humor-site of darkness.

keep on typing

Bernd BOE Oechsler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I really love your humor.

add 1 to counter.

Regards, Bernd

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Add one more.

Regards

Raja

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Hey I get in here from time to time ...

Every time I come here I start to realise more and more I definitely need to get away from the ITS (build like 10 real life applications on that one) and get me into some serious BSP or webDynpro programming ... The only thing I need to do is to convince my customers to install a SAP Web AS or upgrade to Enterprise ( LOL !!!! )

Ciao,

Steven

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Girls and Guys, (<-- Steven: some of the best experts here are Girls!)

It is good when you return from time to time. Passive reading has always been an excellent technique to learn. Even from our internal newsgroup, we have often found that people would answer questions which have been answered years before. And this, just because they had picked the information up from reading the newsgroup. And this is why we answer questions only in one place (this forum!). Thereby you know where the answers are (and we don't have to hunt for all the questions:).

In these sense, it is good that Sudhi come once, saw, and learned. One day if he has a BSP related question, he will already know where the answers are.

However, the most important aspect is that you come back regularly! And so I checked out the last login date for a number of people, and found all of you/them have been logged on once in the last 24 hours. And this is the absolute best news! (The exception is Stephan, for whom I wrote such a long answer over the weekend:(.

Another aspect for this group is that many of our threads have more than 2 posts. Somebody commented on this, with the remark that nr=2 means question and answer ==> no community. So we must always add at least one more post!

You: Difficult question.

Us: Easy answer, light-weight to read, maybe link to documentation

You: Read answer, drink coffee, do work, whatever, post your experiences

Everyone: Post "well done!" messages (OK, this step can be skipped!)

Keep coming, keep reading, and post once in a while!

regards, brian

PS: And don't forget to look at the BSP weblogs. We now already have 10+ of them, with the honor of one written by DJ Adams (the baaa guy:).

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my first visit here. I don't know if I will come back again soon.

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Baaaaa!

Ulli_Hoffmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

i was here, too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also look at the BSP forum, but my primary interest resides in the Enterprise portal ...

Regards,

Xavier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I forgot SDN during vacation ;).

When I came back I was so confused with the BSP project I'm working that I didn't realise that it could be a hepful tool.

From naow on I' think I'm going to raise a lot of questions about BSP development using MVC and extensions. I'm sure you'll hear from me.

B'Regards,

Enrique

0 Kudos

me too... (have been here before)

0 Kudos

Hey Brian,

what about this? Each time you write a message yourself, you do {counter--}. When it zeroes, shut the forum down

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Humor on the SDN Board, excellent. It put a big smile on my face. Keep it up, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barry was here

Why did you post this roll call in the BSP forum area?  Did you only want a count of those interested in BSP's..

ROCK On!

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Yes, the roll-call in the BSP area (only until statistics become available:) is to get a feeling of the size of the BSP community here. Our internal newsgroup is heavily frequented, and we would of course like to achieve the same results here. The synergy lies in the numbers!

As first step we have this collaboration area. As next, we are pushing to publish some in-depth weblogs. Later on, we can see if it is warranted to open a complete BSP area (if the counter breaks mach 1:)

bye, brian (counting them one by one!)

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

counter = 1

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brian

I'm not sure I understand what's the point in you post, and being a subscriber to this forum I don't think it's a good Idea (I only want to receive a mail notification when something real is posted).

Best Regards

Thomas Madsen Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

as I´m not a native speaker, I may have missed the point. Do you realy want us to show up here and just increasing the counter?? I guess you may need that for statistic purposes.

You mentioned that you miss the traffic in this forum. Unfortunately all the helpful stuff of the previous news group has not been transffered to here. So, if you look for a quick answer, you first brows the old news group and afterwards maybe you don´t have to post a question here.

Hopefully you will not delete the old new group!

Regards,

Ute

Former Member
0 Kudos

counter++

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I am very interested to see how many people are actually "reading" this forum. There has been a request that we "show the flag" here, in favour of our internal newsgroup. For the newsgroup, we can get statistics for the number of posts, plus the number of "readers". For nearly 5 days that we have been in SDNe, nobody else was here. So the question: is anybody reading this? Is it worthwhile to log in at all?

So new we have 2=Thomas, 3=Ute, ++=Ulrich. Is this it?

brian

counter = 4

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

maybe you did not get that this is EXTERNAL?

Regards,

Benny

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Benny,

Of course I know! I am counting my sheep. We are standing here at the ready with platinum support (as long as time permits), and TechEd has passed, SDN has been rolled out, etc.

So what do I see? 5 days and counter = 5.

bye, brian (who was expecting 500, but who is counting?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

D. woz 'ere!

andreas_jaeckle
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

you can increase your counter by another 1. I very much like this forum and your weblogs but must admit that I'm not surprised after my excellent experiences with the BSP newsgroup.

Bye

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I saw this posting today...if you want me to post a sentence to this thread everytime when i visit BSP  forum, probably I will end up posting min of 10 sentences a day, and you will blame me for making you over work...anyways, I will fully support you in making this forum a great success. Your postings are like "Honey" and definitely many Honey bees are attracted to your weblog/postings and will result in building a huge HIVE.

Cheers,

Suresh