cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles - for query components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to create a role which will grant authorization for only query components created by the user who is amending a query. I have picked up the how to paper from SDN, and am using authorisation object S_RS_COMP1. I cant seem to get this to work with $user variable, do I need to make any infoobjects (such as 0user) authorisation relevant?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

the good thing about this authorization object is that you don't need to do additional activity...it's enough to add the object S_RS_COMP1 to your relevant role/profile and out in the field owner every user you need (or $user)...this is what you have to do to grant full authorizations for this authorization object (for a specific component).

Are you facing some problem?

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto

That is what I thought, trouble is it doesnt seem to be working. I have added s_rs_comp1 against BEx Components - Enhancements to the owner, but it is not stopping the user from amending other users queries. Are there any other settings in the roles config that could clash with this setting. The user I am testing with only has this role, so I am at a loss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, I hadnt noticed that someone had assigned SAP_ALL directly to this user!! Time to go and retest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (0)