cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role upload does not change the delta links

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the Role upload functionality in the portal to upload BW roles by selecting the "Convert roles to worksets" and "Overwrite existing content" options.

The newly created workset (corresponding to the uploaded role) is then copied and pasted as a delta link in another folder.

We upload the BW role again whenever some changes are made to the original BW role (such as addition/deletion of reports).

However, these changes are not getting reflected in the delta link (although the delta link dependency still exists).

Does delta link work only for manual deletion/addition of portal content and the changes do not filter through using a role upload with overwrite?

It is definitely not working for us using the role upload functionality and It seems that overwriting content using role upload does not impact the associated delta links.

Any solution/workaround to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Vibhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhu,

I cannot reproduce / check this, as we have no BW at hand, but it <i>very much</i> sounds like a bug, if your description really holds.

So I simply would suggest to open an OSS message about this (and please come back with the results).

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Good to hear from you after such a long time. In fact I have opened an OSS.

We investigated the problem further and found that it is only the deletions to a BW role in the backend that do not get reflected in the delta link.

The additions work fine.

It is defintely a bug.

Thanks,

Vibhu

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhu,

> Good to hear from you after such a long time

Yeah, I didn't had that much time the last months, but at the moment, I'm trying to be back a bit

> We investigated the problem further and found that it is only the deletions to a

> BW role in the backend that do not get reflected in the delta link.

>

> The additions work fine.

> It is defintely a bug.

So it's up to SAP to fix it - and you could mark the thread as closed?!

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was a PCD cache problem. Clearing the cache resolved the issue.