cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risks in integrating EP with Exchange server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to integrate EP with Exchange server. I had gone through the standard SAP Document. Kindly let me know:

1. What are the impacts on Exchange server if we do this configuration?

2. Is there any chance that it will affect the working of our exchange server?

3. As the exchange server is running live, is there any risks involved in this configuration?

Kindly help me on these points.

Thanks.

Regards,

Renju Aravind.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

basically there are 2 ways to integrate an Exchange server:

1. as a SMTP server

2. as a collaboration server (Web Access)

The portal sends e-mail for new users created, KM, RTM and UWL notifications, and when the Web Access is used, portal users can access their Exchange inbox from the portal.

As you can see, every aspect that involves Exchange depends on your configuration, user count and Exchange server configuration. Best thing is to talk with your Exchange team to find out if the Exchange server supports your scenario.

Example:

If you use heavily the KM and your X.000 users get a notification sent every time a document is modified, this affects the SMTP more than a daily or weekly update mail. Same for Web Access: when the users are already using Web Access, only the access path will change, but the actual load?

br,

Tobias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

We will move this thread to the EP forum - [Portal Implementation|;.

Regards

XI/PI Moderator

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

I doubt you will get many answers here in the PI forum. I suggest you put your question in the EP forum.

Br,

Kenneth