cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Click not working inside Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I upgraded to SP16 patch for my portal. After upgrade, right click on Portal Content folder is not working in both Content Admin and System Admin. I searched for similar problem and solution and tried clearing browser cache also. But that didn't help.Other portal servers are just working fine from my browser.

Kindly help me find the solution.

Regards,

Harini S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

Do you have any javascript error in your browser?

It could also be a problem with corrupt HTMLB library and you should request the correct SDA from SAP.

Check this also:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=102279

And if you use IE7 then check this:

JavaScript errors occur when IE7 is used as a browser for the Portal or any other system that uses HTMLB for rendering.

Check this note:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_ep_pdk/~form/handler">sap note 990763</a>

Greetings,

Praveen Gudapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked that thread before itself. That is not our case. We downloaded the patch and installed. In SP09, right click was working fine. But in SP16, it is not working. Don't know why. The same installation folders were used for other machine installation and it is just fine. I can't find the reason for this behaviour.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is really becoming a big problem. The other machine for which I told was fine has also got the same problem after 2 days. Is this the problem with SP16 patch? Any suggestions?

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know with my machines, the users that upgraded to IE 7 BEFORE we upgraded to SPS19 had this problem.

Are the problem machines using IE 7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We haven't upgraded any browser. We are using IE 6.0. Actually it is not a browser problem and it is a portal problem. We have tried logging from browsers of different machines. Don't know why it happens. Kindly suggest if there is some other solution. Thanks.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

What time zone are the PC's in?

Did you upgrade your java for Daylight Savings Time? You have to be at 1.4.2_11 for the fix. Current version is 1.4.2_13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We r using 1.4.2_09 since we have been using it and found it stable. There is no problem with the same java version in some other server patch installations. And what do u mean by Daylight Savings Time? I don't understand that. Can u please explain on that?

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Opppps, my bad. I should have checked your business card to see where you are from.

Daylight savings time is a time zone shift for some parts of America. We advance one hour forward in the spring and one hours back in the fall. This year it was different. The time change was 3 weeks early, kind of dumb but, I guess it gives us something to do to validate our employment.

1.4.2_09 was what I was using, but I had to upgrade because of the new time switch.

As before, the only time where I have seen right clicks not working was with IE7 and a portal under SPS19. It was something to do with java though. Do you have any webdynpro objects? How are they working? IGS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fine. I understand. I am using IE6 with portal (SP16). R u sure the problem is with Java? I have webdynpro application and am able to deploy that successfully. What version can I upgrade my Java now? After upgrading, should I reinstall server or if not, how will the server use the latest Java version? Please suggest me.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like a java issue. But, if nothing has changed in your system, I would be hard pressed to say it is a java issue. 1.4.2_09 worked very well for me. And the right click issue was only due to the browser IE7 which is not your case. But, I think that the issue was java related. (maybe different security with java?)

Sooner or later you are going to look at upgrading to SPS 19 because of the issues with IE and Windows Vista clients.

About upgrading the java, look at this thread. The SDN'er here is Detlev Beuter. I only use his examples for java j2sdk installation and upgrade. This is only one of the threads that he has guided people through.

If you have a dev system available, you can use Detlev's instructions to test to see if an upgrade solves the issue. In fact if you are in a bind I would e-mail him.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was because of some jar file in java installation folder. Someone has added it. Once removed, it worked.