cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHEL 6.7 - Crystal 2013 - Bi 4.1 - Crystal Reports Server 2013 - SP07 - Lack of support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We've been trying to resolve an issue with RHEL 6.7 and Crystal Reports Server 2013. While installing CR2013 on to RHEL 6.7 we where able to perform a successful installation however we have hit a major issue which no one seems to have reported.

The issue we have is the reports will all sit as pending and will not run - We look in the processing server log and see entries like:

ChildProcessCreatorThread caught exception: <RASServerException ( errCode=<ErrorFailure> message=<An error occurred while creating a subprocess in the processing server.> rootCause=<RCIRAS0603> debugString=<[ProcWorkerManager.cpp : 6213] > message=<Internal error. Please contact your system administrator.> rootCause=<RCIRAS0603>

We had this issue back in November 2015 and raised a SAP ticker where told that it related to this: https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F...

We therefore waiting for the service pack to be released. We therefore waited for SP07 and installed this as requested however the issue is not resolved. We are still having the same issues and therefore we have raised another issue however SAP will not respond to my ticket and have sat on it for the past 2 weeks.

Is anyone here able to provide any information or suggest any resolutions?

Thanks

Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your link is dead. if you can provide original and new sap incident numbers , I might stir the pot a bit.

p.s.

crystal on linux has troubled history due to some third party components. (mainwin)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=2098659&_NLAN...

I'm unsure if this will work either but the original issue was:

2098659 - "An error occurred while creating a subprocess in the processing server. [RCIRAS0603]" er...

I suspect it was mainwin changes that caused the issue but support have been less forth coming and gone through around 4 tickets since September last year attempting to narrow down the issue!

SP07 Patch 1 may have fix this issue but i'm have issue with pending reports now which currently trying to resolve!

We've always used crystal 2008 on a RHEL 5 box up until now and it was fairly trouble free. I feel like this build is cursed though!

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure your incident is under BI-RA-CR-ENG for more targeted review. that's all I can say.
Mainwin is a third party component, when it catches up to newest RH releases its not easy to plug in into existing platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the advice. I'll get the ticket on to that target! We've made progress but the original issue raised in Sept 2015 still exists - Reports getting stuck as pending.

No on SP7 Patch 001

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess no ones had the same issue. Just out of interest do any of you run this software on RHEL Linux?