cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RfcRepository.RfcAbapObjectMetadata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a deeper look into NCo 3.0, I found a method RfcRepository.RfcAbapObjectMetadata. When I checked this method I've seen that the BAPI SEO_GET_CLIF_REMOTE is called. By the look this feature is only supported from SAP 7.2 and has something to do with classes.

Is there any detailed documentation for what this method is used for and if I understood it correct, why do I need metadata of a class in SAP or is it possible to call classes inside SAP with 7.20 like RFC or BAPI functions?

Thanks

Edited by: wotan1985 on Jan 19, 2012 2:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use .GetMetaData() to check the Types of yout fields.

For example, after having executed a BAPI (CreateFunction()), let's say you load the RETURN table. Reading the TYPE MetaData of each rows allows you scan the records to make sure there are no error (Type={"S","H","I",""}).

Check if it contains fields

If myTable_RETURN.GetMetaData.HasField("TYPE")=True Then
          'Do some code
     Else
     End If

Chek if value is an error

'For each row
     Select Csae myTable_RETURN.GetValue("Type").ToString
          Case Is = "S"
               'No Error
               'Continue Loop to Next Row
          Case Is = "H"
               'No Error
          Case Is = "I"
               'No Error
          Case Is = ""
               'No Error
          Case Else
               'Error
               'Display & Exit Sub
     End Select

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for your answer, but from my point of view it has nothing to do with my question. Anyway it was helpful for another problem i had.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question.

To see description, details, export&import parameters, code etc. on a specific BAPI, Execute transaction SE37 in your SAP system.

Are you sure you have the right name "SEO_GET_CLIF_REMOTE" ? I looked up in SAP and Google and didn't find anything releated to this BAPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem, I can't check what this BAPi is doing cause I have no 7.20 SAP system, my task is to encapsulate NCo to use it in a generic free configureable product, so I have to know all possible functions if a customer of this products is using this function.

As addition I uploaded you a [screenshot|http://i.imgur.com/xdE5l.jpg] of the specific part of NCo where SEO_GET_CLIF_REMOTE is used (marked yellow). I also found nothing on google about this BAPI so i decided to make a post here. Hopefully to get more informations I crossposted into the [ABAP Forum|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2137703] as well.

Edited by: wotan1985 on Feb 15, 2012 9:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there nobody around who have an idea what this can be?