cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Receiver Adapter Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm sending a sales order from my ftp server to my R/3 system through RFC. I want this sales order to be created in the R/3 system, For this i'm using BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2. Now when i'm configuring my RFC Receiver adapter using the help given on the help.sap.com under "adapters"->"rfc adapter"-> "configuring the rfc adapter", i'm not able to find the parameters mentioned under " Advanced Mode" Heading. In this page, it says that after checking the Advanced mode checkbox, one should get the additional parameters and then we need to set the indicater for the parameter "Commit Control for Individual BAPI Calls". Since i'm not able to find these parameters even after checking the chekbox, i'm stuck. I understand that if i don't get this parameter, my BAPI will not commint and hence the sales order will not be created in R/3.

Kindly suggest.

Regards.

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just thought of sharing, did u refer the RFC adapter FAQ??

oss : 730870 FAQXI3.0 RFC ADAPTER.

regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anirban for the input. I went through the note and what i understand that if the scenario is Asynchronous, system will automatically update the database, and my scenario is asynchronous !

When i checked in the integration engine, transaction sxmb_moni, i found that the message was processed successfully ! But when i checked in my R/3 system, i didn't find any sales order ! Kindly give me some inputs for this issue.

Moreover i want to give my own sales order number rather than system generated number for the created sales order. For this, i did the configuration in the R/3 and i'm able to create sales order in my R/3 with external number.Now when i tried to do teh same using the above mentioned BAPI, i was able to map the field in the source data type with the field "SALESDOCUMENTIN" of the BAPI. But whne i tested the BAPI, neither did i find my source field of sales order number nor did i find the field "SALESDOCUMENTIN" in the test tab. Kindly let me know how to have this external number in XI scenario.

Regards.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reagrding the commit issue, are you on sp15? as i think its a new feature that has come up.

I am a bit confused on the second part of ur message about the test tab, you mean the message mapping test tab or R3 test tab.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anirban, i'm not on SP15, but the note clearly says that if the BAPI is being called in asynchronous scenario, the databse update happens automatically. If you are on SP15, then you have the option of using the advanced parameters.

I'm talking about the test tab in Message Mappping in XI and not in R/3.

Regards.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No but we have another xi box, let me check and get back to you,But its sp14 onwards i was wrong.

see the reply by Anand.

<i>

If you are on SP14 then commit control is possible from adapter itself.

Commit Control for Individual BAPI Calls

If you want to use this communication channel to call BAPIs as remote-enabled function modules that change data in the database, set the indicator.

If executed successfully, the transaction is written to the database by calling the function module BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT explicitly. If an error occurs, the transaction is rolled back by BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK.</i>

And ,

Hope this helps you,

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

After upgrading to a new Service Pack, you should also import the adapter metadata. Did you do that, follow the steps in the note 705541, and then check and see for the availability of the parameter in the advanced options.

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen -

>>><i>In this page, it says that after checking the Advanced mode checkbox, one should get the additional parameters and then we need to set the indicater for the parameter "Commit Control for Individual BAPI Calls". Since i'm not able to find these parameters even after checking the chekbox, i'm stuck.</i>

For this I agree with Sameer. It's probably an adapter metadata issue. As mentioned your XI system needs to be at least on SP14. Also, in the Int. Repository, check SAP BASIS 6.40 SWC SP Level by right clicking on the SAP BASIS 6.40 SWCV, then Display Support Package - this is where the adapter metatdata is delivered. By default, the highest one displayed is wha'ts current on the system. You should see at least SP14 here. Incidentally, this does not confirm the SP level that the rest of the XI components are on, just this SWC.

>>><i>When i checked in the integration engine, transaction sxmb_moni, i found that the message was processed successfully ! But when i checked in my R/3 system, i didn't find any sales order ! Kindly give me some inputs for this issue.</i>

It probably failed in the adapter engine. Check the adapter engine monitor via the RWB - so once in RWB, goto Message Monitoring, select Adapter Engine (important), then look for your message.

Regards,

Jin

Message was edited by: Jin Shin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

I checked in the RWB as well and i can see my messages as successful there. When i see the adapter monitoring, everything seems to be working fine.

I agree that i need to be on SP14 or higher so that i can use the commit functionality. But what about using the salesdocumentin field ? Kindly look above about my other issue . I wanted to send the sales order number as well. I don't want to use my internal number range, rather, i want to use the external number assignment.

Kindly help.

Regards.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen -

Regarding your mapping issue, I see the following from what you wrote earlier:

<i>>>>Moreover i want to give my own sales order number rather than system generated number for the created sales order. For this, i did the configuration in the R/3 and i'm able to create sales order in my R/3 with external number.Now when i tried to do teh same using the above mentioned BAPI, i was able to map the field in the source data type with the field "SALESDOCUMENTIN" of the BAPI. But whne i tested the BAPI, neither did i find my source field of sales order number nor did i find the field "SALESDOCUMENTIN" in the test tab. Kindly let me know how to have this external number in XI scenario.</i>

This is very unclear... you mention that you're doing this in the message mapping test tab, but what doesn't make sense is that you say you're not finding the source field of the sales order number. Even if it's an optional field, it should exist in the test tab area and should be able to populate it with whatever value you choose. So is this what is actually happening and do you still have this problem?

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jin,

I got the solution. Actually i just recreated the xml in the test tab and then the fields were visible. Actually, i added the sales order number field after doing the mapping. This was the reason, in the test tab, the field was not visible. Thanks for all your help.

Regards.

Naveen