Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Program call

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I created a program in BW which display some results to end users.

The issue is that end user can't have access to BW but only to ECC. So the idea is to create a transcation in ECC which is calling those programs from BW.

Is that possible? I heard about an RFC call, but i think that it's valid for only extractors and not programs.

Thanks.

Amine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

Yes it is possible through Remote enabled FM. At BW side try to convert your program into a FM of type Remote enabled so that you can call it from ECC end. Prerequisite for this is you should have ABAP connection (Type 3 connection) between your ECC and BY system- you can check it with TCODE SM59 inside ABAP connections.

Steps:

1) You need to create ABAP connection between ECC and BW. You have to creat it in ECC.

In your scenario, Calling system means source system is ECC and Target system is BW so have to create connection ( RFC destination ) from ECC to BW. Lets say name of RFC destination you created is ECC_BW_TEST.

2) Creat Remote enabled FM ZRFC_FM in BW which will have following code

SUBMIT PROGRAM "Name of Program which need to be called in ECC" .

3) In ECC side create a report program ZCALLING_PROGRAM to call above Remote enabled FM. it will have following code.

CALL FUNCTION ZRFC_FM DESTINATION ECC_BW_TEST

"Importing parameters if any

"Exporting parameters if any

Result: If you run program ZCALLING_PROGRAM in ECC, it will trigger ZRFC_FM in BW side which ultimately run a program you wanted run in ECC through submit statement.

Do let me know if you need more inputs.

Regards,

Yogeshwar

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogeshwar, i will let you know if i have any questions.

Amine

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i know through RRI(Report to report) functionality in BW we can jump from SAP BW report (variable screen) to ECC transaction.

so it shd be possible i guess.

Thanks and regards

Kiran

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

Thru RFC and BAPI will be possible. if you check at ABAP forum, you get more help on this.

Thanks

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there's a couple of alternatives (create a file from that data via open hub, save the results to a table/flat file via APD, ...)

if you really wish to actually run the report, you could do so via an RFC enabled function module I guess (check the attributes tab of a function module)