cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC function to retrieve application log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anybody know a standard SAP RFC function module to read an application log? So far I haven't been able to find one...

Please note that I'm not looking for any custom RFC wrappers around standard SAP functions or any solutions to read the data directly from the database tables.

Thanks for your help, harald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Sidarth and Elini,

thanks for the answers. Sidarth my goal is to find a standard SAP function module. Writing a wrapper is trivial, but is not helpful as a general solution (e.g. when working on multiple systems including some, where you don't have development access).

Elini, I looked at the function module C1CA_READ_APPLICATION_LOG, but it's not what I'm looking for (should've been more specific): It doesn't exist in SAP4.6c (support package level 48) and it's only a wrapper to present a dialog. I need an RFC function module to return an application log, dialog processing is not desired.

Thanks for the feedback. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Best wishes, harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harald,

Please see if this Function Module can be used for your purposes :

BAPI_APPLICATIONLOG_GETDETAIL

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hi Harald,

There are some demo reports provided by SAP which show how to use the Application Log. You can try sbal*.

You can get the FM used to access Applicatiin in there. You can then build wrappers around those FM.

Regards

Sidharth Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl try the following function module.

C1CA_READ_APPLICATION_LOG

Regards

Elini.P