cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC and Abs interfaces in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

My scenario is HTTP-XI-RFC. I have done the request, response mapping (MM and IM). I need to send the errors from the rfc response to another BPM which handles errors. How do I map the RFC response to the abstract interface of BPM in interface mapping? when I select RFC in source interface and the abstract interface from BPM in target interface in IM, I couldnt select the message mapping between their message types. What is the solution for this?? Also, when I click on read interfaces, i see request in the bottom for selecting msg mapping...

plz suggest..

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

Did you create MM with src = RFC response and target = MT of the Abstract MI used in the BPM?

If yes, to mention this MM in IM, click on the response tab page after clicking the 'read interfaces'

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

I did do the MM for resp to target MT. But my problem is in IM, when I select RFC as src interface and target as the abstract interface, I dont see the response tab at the bottom. Also I dont need any interface for the rfc right?..what couldbe the problem? I think the problem here is RFC - is synchronous and the abstract interface used in BPM is async...do I have to have BPM??

Message was edited by: Thilothama v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thilothama,

The target abstract interface needs to be synchronous interface, so that it can capacitate request and response. Did u make sure this?

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have the target interface as sync...its a common BPM used across all the interfaces...So I guess I cannot do a non BPM process??? If I need a non BPM process, I shld be creating each MI for RFC request and response and use it asynchrnously with this error bpm...What do you think Praveen?

Message was edited by: Thilothama v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you list down the steps in ur BPM1 and BPM2 and the Messages that they cna process, so that I can suggest sth.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my scenario HTTP-XI-RFC-File. I get a HTTP request and I call an RFC. The RFC response is written to a file in a different xml format. Also, the error bpm is called to send the response in the form of email for failures.

Can we get RFC response and write to a file without using BPM??

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ur case, are u not sending any HTTP response?

Anyways, if you are writing the RFC response to a file system, that means that you have the RFC response in the form of a async MI. So you can easily pass this to ur error BPM, cant u?

Since your scenario involves RFC (sync) and File (async) you can not avoid BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sending any http response back. I want to write the RFC response to a file. My question is without BPM how does the process waits to get the response back from R3 and write to file asynchronously.?? I think I should use BPM...HAve someone did these kinds of interfaces without BPM?