cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID -Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the following eror when trying to run a old dot.net application developed in VS 2005 which earlier used to connect to Crystal Report Server XIR2 and was now upgraded to Crystal Report Server 2008

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {D7F5D7C3-B06C-4CAC-BC47-A06E66D2EE9B} failed due to the following error: 80000003.

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Along with Ted and Ludek's suggestions, you'll want to ensure you are running your application in 32 bit mode. If this is a web application you'll need to make sure IIS is configured to run in 32 mode. If this is a Windows app or server you'll need to ensure you compile the exe in 32 bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a web application and it ran fine and displayed report until we upgraded our crystal report server from XI R2 to 2008.

How do I check if IIS is running on 32 bbit mode or not?

Thanks,

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The error message states it can't find or load the COM object given that CLSID. So I would use Process Monitor, to determine if there are any registry and file access issues.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

0 Kudos

Hi AK,

It's not clear, is your application and CR Server the same version? Did you update your app to CR 2008 runtime and CRS at the same time and the same patch level?

You can't run a CR XI R2 application against a CR Server 2008 install. They both need to be the same version.

Thank you

Don

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use Task Manager to quickly check whether a process is running as 32 or 64 bit. A 32 bit process will have *32 beside it. A 64 bit will have nothing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The App is still running on VS2005 and not upgraded to VS2008. Only the Cystal Report server is upgraded to 2008 from XIR2

0 Kudos

OK but did you update your app to use CR 2008 assemblies, it will be version 12.x.x.x depending on the patch level you are on?

This you must do, CR XI R2 runtime will not connect properly to CR Server 2008. Changes in the API code plus changes to the CMS database will cause problems.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I updated my App to use new assemblies with 12.x.x.x. I'm on Service Pack2.

0 Kudos

Hi AK,

Download [Modules |https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip]or use ProcessMonitor and see what is happening when that error pops up. Look for Access Denied error typically.

Verify all of the CR runtime is version 12.2.0.290. Is CRS also running Service Pack 2?

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

After changing dll's to point to bin instead of GAC, I'm stuck with another error. Now I'm getting the following error near the code

reportClientDocument = reportAppFactory.OpenDocument(infoObject.ID, 0);

"Request timed out because there has been no reply from the server in 600000 ms."

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Search KBases for that error.

Likely cause is firewalls.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That GUID resolves to C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\clientdoc.dll.

See if you can register it manually using regsvr32.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution you mentioned after googling and did manually register it successfully. But still getting the same error.

When I try to run the sample program it worked fine not my VS2005 application.

Thanks,

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I would Google that - the COM objects behind the CR.NET engine is either missing or not registered.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda