cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve session and document using webisessionid and document token

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to open a document in a session which is already in progress. In another words, I have the cdzSessionId (string returned by ReportEngine.getServerInstance()) and the documentToken of the required document. I could not find the steps or API or open this document using the same session (without creating a new one).

Can someone help me with that, by posting some code samples or guideline on how to do that?

I know this must be possible, because we load the webi-applet in our jsp and it takes this values to work on the document.

Thanks in advance,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Since the session is being used by the Web Intelligence Java Report Panel, you'd likely not try to hook ReportEngine into that session.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your recommendations Ted, but I still want to give it a try, if someone can help me with the code snippet to get the session using the webiSessionId.

I understand and respect your concern, but I have my own reasons to do that.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for a quick response Ted.

I am probably not understanding your response.

All i am trying to do is, use the same session in progress to work on the same document that the webi-applet is working upon, because we need to take some extra steps when the user hits "save" on the report from the editor, for data security reasons.

I did not intend to hook up the session with something else.

Does it make sense?

Thanks,

Santosh

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

All i am trying to do is, use the same session in progress to work on the same document that the webi-applet is working upon

I don't recommend doing this. What you're trying to do is hooking up ReportEngine to a session alrealy being managed between the server and the applet. You're trying to hijack the session.

It's certainly won't ensure security or report consistency.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so how can I achieve my goal of taking some extra steps when user hits a button ?

The editor saves the report with data when user saves it. I know there would be a valid reason to do that, but it raises a compliance issue with our regulations as the report could be shared. So we want to take the ability away from the users to save the data at all. In order to do that I need to clear the data (purge) when the user hist save, i believe. If I do not work with the same session, then it would not be very helpful.

We explored the option of "Refresh on open" option, but that requires the installation of Fixpack 3.2, which could take a while, as we have shared BO environments with other applications in the firm, and we cannot wait for that.

Also, since you mentioned that it might not ensure security or consistency of the reports, what kind of issues could be expected as a side effect of reusing the session ?

I appreciate your insight Ted.

Thanks,

Santosh

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It's a common request, and why the new feature was implemented with the newer fixpack.

There's really no other secure way to guarantee flushing data.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda