cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining work item in Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a workflow that has an activity step that calls a dialog program which gives the user the option to either hit Accept or Reject buttons.

However, if the user hits Back, Cancel, or Exit (standard pf-status buttons), the work item should be retained in the Inbox. It is not doing this right now. The work item gets deleted from the Inbox.

How do I retain the work item if the user exits from the dialog screen without hitting either Accept or Reject.

Thanks.

Giscard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved the issue by passing a value from the dialog program to a container item in the workflow (TaskProcessed). This value will indicates if the user cancelled from the dialog screen..

And then in the Conditions tab of the activity step, I added a condition in the "Complete Execution". This will be false until TaskProcessed = 'X'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Get your OK-CODE from PAI of your dialog program into the method.

Then use:

If sy-ucomm = 'CANCEL'.

exit_cancelled. This Macro helps the workitem to be retained in Inbox

endif.

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is an User Decision Step it will remain, you are just displaying your custom Dialog Program. So it won't remain in the Inbox, you can populate that Dialog Program screen as an attachment in the User Decision.

Regards,

Surjith