cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail Extractors - How to check no. of records in the data source?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to BI Retail environment. I have few reports coming from the cube 0RPA_C01. The Data Source is 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL. I want to know what is the extract structure for this particular data source.

Is it /POSDW/BW_RETAIL_CONTROL? or is it 2LIS_40_REVAL?

Because in BI Content when I looked for related data sources on the data source 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL, I found this data source 2LIS_40_REVAL.

Now I need to load data into the data source 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL from ERP. How do I do it?

I went to LBWE in BI system but I get the message saying Transaction LBWE doesn't exist.

I checked in ERP system, LBWE exists but could not find 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL instead I got a message saying this data source is in BI system not in ERP.

I found 2LIS_40_REVAL in ERP system which is inactive. Is this the extract structure for this data source?

Do I need to activate this data source in order to load data into 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL?

Secondly after data is loaded into the data source how do I check the contents of the data source? I went to RSA3 and hit on execute but got the message, "Error occurred during the extraction".

Please advise.

Thank you.

TR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL is a BW Datasource related to PIPE engine. providing sales data coming out from the cashier for example.

2LIS_40_REVAL is used for revaluation of sales prices in ECC.

These Two DS provide diffrent type of data.

regards

Boujema

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL is a BW Datasource related to PIPE engine. providing sales data coming out from the cashier for example.

2LIS_40_REVAL is used for revaluation of sales prices in ECC.

These Two DS provide diffrent type of data.

regards

Boujema

Hi Boujema,

That helps a bit. Now I see that the extract structure for this data source is /POSDW/BW_RETAIL_CONTROL and

the extractor is /POSDW/BW_UPDATE_SOURCES even the function module is the same as the extractor.

Can any one please explain me the differences between these 3 ie. the extractor, extract structure and the function module.

Another thing is how do I see the number of records in this data source? How do I check whether there is data or not in this data source?

Please advise.

Thank you.

TR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi TR

I would like to say no money no food !

Seemingly you are a beginner in the retail domain

To know if there is data You have to use transaction

/POSDW/MON0 if this does not work try /N/POSDW/MON0.

You will enter the Point of Sales workbench.

Select the movement types a date and execute will should be able to see the transactions of your stores.

Otherwise you can check in transaction RSA7 to see if you have records to be transmitted to BW.

An extract structure encompasses fields contained in an extractor for loading data.

A function module could be a mean to build an extractor.

The extractor or datasource can be generic (self defined) or standard or enhanced.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot for your replies. That really helps. I've assigned points.

TR.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your answers. with your help I could see the data in the 'Read preview data' and schedule the load. I did use all the Info objects in the info objects column of the data source to load the flat file.

The data is in PSA successfully without any issues. but when I executed the DTP it failed with errors.

Earlier there was no mapping from Currency field in source to the all the key figure fields in the target in the transformation. The mapping was only from Currency to 0CURRENCY but still the transformation got activated. As per your advise I mapped Currency field to the remaining Key Figure fields but then I am getting the error

'Source parameter CURRENCY is not being used'

Why is that so?

list of Errors after executing the DTP:

1. 'Record filtered because records with the same key contain errors'

Diagnosis: The data record was filtered out becoz data records with the same key have already been filtered out in the current step for other reasons and the current update is non-commutative (for example, MOVE). This means that data records cannot be exchanged on the basis of the semantic key.

System Response: The data record is filtered out; further processing is performed in accordance with the settings chosen for error handling.

Procedure: Check these data records and data records with the same key for errors and then update them.

Procedure for System administration

Can you please explain this error and how should I fix this error.

2. Exception input_not_numeric; see long text - ID RSTRAN

Diagnosis: An exception input_not_numeric was raised while executing function module RST_TOBJ_TO_DERIVED_TOBJ.

System Response

Processing the corresponding record has been terminated.

Procedure

To analyse the cause, set a break point in the program of the transformation at the call point of function module RST_TOBJ_TO_DERIVED_TOBJ. Simulate the data transfer process to investigate the cause.

Procedure for System Administration

What does this error mean? How do I set a breakpoint in the program to fix this error inorder to load the data?

What does Procedure for System Administration mean?

Please advise.

Thank you.

TR.