cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results are lost when I filter by a characteristic (SEM-BCS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I am building a BEx report for a SEM-BCS Worksheet. I have the posting levels 00, 01, 10, 20 and 30.

At first I only have the posting level upper the ratio "Period Value GC" (Columns) and the characteristic 0CS_ITEM with a hierarchy in the Rows. Then, in the execution of the report there are 5 columns with their respective values and they are shown in a balance hierarchy.

In the free characteristics I have the "Consolidation group". When I drilldown across there are values for 2 consolidation groups in the posting level 30 (They are shown in blue cells) and in the other posting levels there are shown the results (yellow cells). After if I choose a filter in the consolidation group, only the posting level 30 is shown, but the results for the other posting levels are not shown.

The first time I made this report, all the posting levels were shown after I choose the filter in the consolidation group but now it is not working.

I proved with all the options of the context menu in the report but I couldn´t see the report like the first time.

How can we see all the posting levels when I apply a filter?

Thanks by your help,

Luis Jorge Castro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the display result rows option for the characteristics in your query..

That should get you all the result rows you need

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish, where can I find this option? I search in the query properties, in characteristics properties and in ratios properties but I didn´t see it. Where is it?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In characteristic properties you have option for Suppress Result Rows..

You can play around with this option to see only the desired result rows..To start with set it to never for all characteristics..

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish, thanks by your help but I´ve already had put this option to "never" for all the characteristics in Properties -> Display of results -> Supress Results Rows but the problem persists

Is there something that I can check aditionally?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that you have values for other levels for the filter value you are selecting..

Verify it from your Info provider..

Coz i think this is more to do with the data..

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your settings for consolidation group infoobject definition in the Business Explorer tab (RSD1)...the settings for query def.filter value search and query execution filter val search. This could be a possible reason.