Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction in Searching and Search in 3rd Party thru' TREX

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to restrict the search in TREX depending on the Language. Also I need to provide the search to the 3rd Party legacy system. Is that possible? If Yes then How? Can you please help me in this.

10x in Advance

Anish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185837
Active Participant
0 Kudos

> I need to restrict the search in TREX depending on the

> Language

AFAIK, it's not possible such a restriction.

What is certainly possible is restricting <b>indexing</b> to a subset of languages. So if you need to index documents e.g. in english and spanish, you can instruct the TREX preprocessor with such information so that it will only create two indexes, one for the docs in english, the other for the docs in spanish. In this way indexing is faster, as well as language recognition is more accurate.

You can configure these settings editing the section <u><encodings-languages-covered></u> in the <u><TREX_Installation_Directory>lexiconstd.langid-config</u> file.

However, once the english and the spanish indexes are created, you can only search on both. Infact the existence of separate indexes for different languanges is transparent for Knowledge Management, which sees a unique index. It's TREX that preprocesses the query and executes the query on the correct index, based on the language of the query.

> Also I need to provide the search to the 3rd Party

> legacy system

If you mean that you have a running 3rd party search engine and you need to integrate it with Knowledge Management, then this doc and its sample code could be very useful:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/kmc/integrating 3rd party search engines into km index management.article

Please have a look and let us know if it's helpful.

Davide

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful for me.

But regarding the 2nd Question I was having <b>"Also I need to provide the search to the 3rd Party legacy system"</b>, I mean to state that, I am having the data on the Legacy System and I need that data also to be searched by TREX.

Thanx

Anish

former_member185837
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When TREX is integrated with the Knowledge Management (KM) Framework, the KM's crawling service fetches the docs and passes them to the TREX preprocessor server. KM accesses data through the Repository Framework (RF), which is a layer that provides a unified access to objects provided by various information sources:

http://etower.towersemi.com/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.pdk.km.repositorymanager/docs/rf_concepts....

The mapping between the objects from a backend system and the RF’s unified aspects is carried on by Respository Managers. These are pluggable extensions to the RF.

If you don't have a Repository Manager for your legacy data source, then you need to develop it. In this case, you can begin from this doc:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/kmc/implementing a repository manager.article

Davide

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any Help!!!