cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access to attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to remove access to the attributes for 0EMPLOYEE when in a local view. I've tried to restrict access to views via S_RS_COMP and S_RS_COMP1 in PFCG but it doesn't seem to work. I've also gone to properties for characteristics and attributes in the query designer and set them as no display and no luck.

Can anyone please help,

Thanks,

Alan.

Message was edited by: Alan McAllister

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

If you make those attributes authorisation relevant (In RSD1 > open up the attr > Business Explorer tab > check mark Auth relevant.

Then if these attr are not included in the roles assigned to the user, they will not be able to see them even in the local view.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Thanks for that it was already authorisation relevant and users can see all attributes for 0EMPLOYEE, this needs to be restricted and not visible to users when the open a local view.

Can you please suggest anything else?

Cheers,

Alan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

Do you want to hide the characteristic in the local view. If so, check the hide - chck box in the property of the char. in the local view.

Regards

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

If the attr is marked as auth relevant, and there is a Auth object created based on this InfoObject, then it will not be visible to the users in the local view unless the have this auth objects included in the role assigned to their IDs. Have you verified the User IDs for this access?

Answers (0)