cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted Keyfigures and Restricted Characterstic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi please explain in detail about restricted keyfigures and restricted characterstics.

Thanx in Advance.

Vasu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Restricted Key figures are used when you want to display a particular key figure based on some specific characteristics values.

for eg:if i want to display sales values for a particular customer or for a pariticular fiscal month in a column, i can have a RKF displaying the same by restricting the sales value by characteristics 0customer or 0fisper and the particular values.

RKFs can be global to be used in all queries for the infoprovider or can be local to the query.

Hope it helps..

thanks,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vaasu,

A Restricted Key Figure is used in BW queries to limit the output of a key figure to particular characteristic values. Eg. you need to display sales only for year 2004, then you can create a restricted key figure (RKF) by using Sales > right click> Restrict by CalYear value 2004. You can also include variables in the restrictions, like Sales restricted to a year chosen by the user.

Restricted Key Figures can be created locally i.e. for a particular query, or they can also be created globally (on the left hand side in the query designer) for use in all queries on the particular InfoProvider.

For more info, please follow the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/61/d0b143aa26b849b4e79a859ea1d7d1/content.htm

Hope this helps...

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos