cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted access for Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When I login with the Administrator user in the CMC, I am unable to see some components like OLAP Connections, Connections, Universes etc. Even the context menu does not have all the options (Example: When I check the Context menu of any server, it only has "Open" option). I am not even able to create a new Users.

I am attaching few screen shots with this post for your reference.

Regards,

Vinay Kasa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Looking into the feels of this and from CMC home, I believe you are using BO Xi 3.1

Can you try to redeploy the CmcApp, CmcAppactions and Analytical Reporting warfiles. If you are using Tomcat, simply backup these files from Tomcat55 /webapps folder and start tomcat server.

Also it is not clear whether you were logging with Administrator account or as delegated administrator.

Please give us more information which can help us to troubleshoot further.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

I am using BI 4. and as I have mentioned previously I have tried redeploying the Webapps.

I am using the Administrator User not delegated users.

Let me know what further information you may require.

Regards,

Vinay Kasa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

It cannot be a right issue because you are using the default administrator account...

I think it's a deployment problem. Try to (re-)Install the latest Patch on the SBOP BI Platform 4.0 Server.

Regards,

Monia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Monia, possibly applyin the latest patch should help in resolving the issue. Try to upgrade to higher patch available.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monia,

Thanks for the reply. I already have SP 11 installed. Now I will remove it and reinstall to check if it works.

In addition to this, I am using Oracle database. Do you think this issue is anyway related to the access levels of the oracle user id used while installation?

Regards,

Vinay Kasa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If you see the issue is there are certain user buttons not enabled, also few other tabs cannot be seen on the CMC home page. The issue seems to be more likely with CMC App and hence the CMC app war file not getting deployed properly. To put this in a nutshell, we can safely neglect any security related issues at present.

Its good to know that you are on patch 11. To give you a heads up Patch 14 for Service Pack2 of Business Intelligence Platform is also available. Hence you may try to move up the version.

Regards

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you tried running repair on the installation from "Add/Remove Programs" ?

zhang_jiwen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Did the sitiation occur before? It sounds like the issue of authority.

Please goto the "Users and Groups" area to check,or maybe you can re-deploy the web application using WDeploy tool.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried repairing the installation, but it did not help.

As mentioned earlier, the context menu is not showing complete options, so can not do much in Users and groups. It is not even allowing me to create New users.

Regards,

Vinay kasa.