Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict access to shared folder

ahmed_tawfik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

The user in my app. scan papers  and put them in in specific folder on the Domain and save the path of this photo on DB

this folder has privilege read and write for this user

say this folder is \\172.25.28.7\shared

when user double click on  the path this display the photo

if for any reason the -server is off of example- the message appears - as no file found  in \\172.25.28.7\shared\abc.tif

make the user to know where the photo is saved

thus he can run from start \\172.25.28.7\shared and delete or modify files

are there any way to restrict the access of this folder only from PB app not from browser??

regards

ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would set the files to read-only when they are created.

Roland Smith's code is very comprehensive:  Topwiz Software - Filesys

Former Member
0 Kudos

My first thought would be to have an area where users can drop off files, and a process running somewhere else that looks for files in these areas and moves them to a more secure area. That way the users can have all the rights they want in the drop off folders and none in the move to folders.

ahmed_tawfik
Participant
0 Kudos

Ii can copy files when it crated -scan- to other secured folder but when some files are deleted form non secured folder - i must copy all the secured folder to unsecured one(as i could not know which file is deleted ) - thus if users continue to delete some files i must repeat this - many users (about 150 users and many files f(for one year thay may be over 100.000 images) ??

also when to copy files to other secured folder at creation time -(this done by user so it must have the access to that secured folder - for one have known of the domain he can find this secured folder and delete files on it

or

every period i open unsecured folder ,copy the new files -recent date- to secured folder - cause extra work  required from me

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can certainly deny them delete access to a folder using regular file / folder security. It sounds like you need some kind of auditing, you could store all the files in a database, and that way users can only get at them via whatever applications you give them, but of course with so many files that could end up being a large database.