Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart the workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Wish you a very happy new year!

I have a questions.

Question . I want to restart an workflow which is in error state and workitem is not created becuase rule is not able to determine any agent. I dont want to change the rule right now. because for changing the rule, it may take 2 -3 days for approvals.

Can i do something so i can able to restart the same workflow again and workitem get created. Means is there any way to pass the agent and restart it.

I know the Tcode SWPR , SWI2_DAIG, in this case, we cant use this tcodes because workitem have not got created.

Looking forward to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Arti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arti,

If u don want to check for rule, just note down tat rule and instead give the username in agent and restart the wf....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Workflow instance got created but Dialog work-item didn't get created because Rule didnt get any agent.

As you mentioned in your reply, how to remove my rule and restart the workflow. The whole scenario is in PRD system and this rules fails only for some cases only for all the cases. We are in contact with our BPAs. Once they come with their requirement then we will insert our logic but the whole process may take some-time.

Could you have any idea regarding this? how to give agent and restart the workflow again?

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Ru testing in PRD system ???

If u want to change the agent then u have to go workflow definition and change.

For restarting the wf, SWPR is the tcode. U can find yr workitem in tat tcode.

but i dono u can do testing in PRD system...

Regards,

JMB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say >>want to restart an workflow which is in error state and workitem is not created becuase rule is not able to determine any agent.>>

What do you mean by workitem not yet created, Is you first step of workflow itself a dialog step based on rule?

We may not expect the workflow definition to take new agent with out modifiying the rule used for agent determination.

If you do not want to change the rule now and even you restart/retrigger it will fail at the same step again. Hence i suggest the following

1. First check in PFAC your rule definition, untick 'Terminate If rule resolution with out result'

2. If you have the main workflow instance ID, restart it using SWPR if you do not have it, may be you can do following

a. retrigger the workflow using SWUE if it is event based, make sure you pass all mandatory container elements

b. if it is not a event based workflow, use SWUS to create a new workflow, make sure you pass all mandatory container elements

3. So, as per change in 1, your workitem agent determination will fail and your workitem will be listed under workitems without agents. you can forward the workitem to correct agent using SWIA

Hope this helps you !!

Regards

Krishna Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan,

Thanks for reply.

Let me explain a little more.

Workflow instance got created but Dialog workitem could not get created because rule determination got failed.

1. In rule definition,'Terminate If rule resolution with out result' is tick, it is better to tick because if we get anything red or error, our manager think that this is urgent So approval process would be faster.

2. I have main workflow instance but i use the tcode SWPR or SWI2_DAIG it will check the rule again and again get failed.

Is there any work around for temporary purpose that it wont check rule and give agent to this workflow instance and able to restart it again.

Looking forward to you.

Regards,

Arti

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arti,

If you don want to check the rule then u must remove tat rule and give agent for temp....else goto PFAC and test the rule. Debug and see FM in that rule, wat is the problem and why it is not picking the agent ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you cannot do anything in this case. It seems that the Rule is maintained as a aent assignment in Dialog Step which is causing the biggest problem. You cannot event change the template for not changing rule(Cient will kill you:)))). If the rule is not maintained in the dialog step then you could have changed the container element that was storing the agents. I feel you cannot also change the container at runtime also. Please get the approval and add agent in the rule.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arghadip,

Thanks for reply,

This can be done because i have checked some similar case, it gave error but agent was assgined and restart it again. but that guy left the company and went to South Africa. He was a great consultant.

We dont have even his contact no or email id.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

What kind of rule are you using? Is it based on a FM or responsibilities? I think you have to make sure the rule will find a user in some way. So either change the responsibilities (if used) or maybe the org structure (if used).

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what you say it is clear you are using contaner element in place of Rule in the dialog step. So change the container element at runtime. Please include US in front of SAP User Id.

We are also not bad consultant trying to solve ur issue without even checking anything:))

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arghadip,

I didnt say that you are a bad consultant.

In my views, Every person have a qaulity and we cant juzz the others person capablities.

Anyways, I have not got my solution yet. I think that it will be better to contact that guy.

Thanks a lot for speding your times ..Especially Arghadip :).

Rergards,

Arti Agiwal,

SAP Workflow Consulant,