Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolving Session Persistence Issues in OData Services

Altarkawi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering a challenging issue with my OData service and could use some advice from the community. Specifically, my service appears to be losing the session state with each call. Every time a request is made, it initializes all the objects again, rather than maintaining the session state across multiple requests. This behavior is causing performance inefficiencies and complicating the state management in my application.

Interestingly,

• the Gateway Service appears to be "stateful" in the transaction /iwfnd/maint_service.
  • The variable CS_REQUEST_CONTEXT-SOFTSTATE_MODE is also true in the method /iwbep/cl_mgw_local_handler-init_request.
  • The Session Timeout in the SICF is 00:30:00.
  • Both of the interfaces OPERATION_START and OPERATION_END are implemented in the GW classes.
  • The Soft State is active on the system in the SAP NetWeaver -> SAP Gateway -> OData Channel -> Administration -> General Settings -> Enable or Disable Soft State. 

23.05.24 T11.png

Here is some additional information about my system:

• Component: SAP Gateway Foundation 7.40
  • Release: 740
  • Support Package: 0027
  • Support Package Level: SAPK-74027INSAPGWFND

Has anyone else faced a similar issue with their OData services? What are some potential causes for this problem, and what steps can I take to ensure that the session is maintained across calls?

I'd appreciate any insights, tips, or best practices you might have. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Mohammed

View Entire Topic
Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure if it will solve your issue but did you called method /IWBEP/IF_MGW_ODATA_MODEL~SET_SOFT_STATE_ENABLED of your model in the MPC_EXT class ?

Regards