Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requirements for using transient Infoprovider in ECC 6.0 -> Xcelsius

D039507
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have you question: I want to use transient infoprovider in a SAP ECC 6.0 (ehp5) System for a Xcelius Dashboard (Dashboard -> Bex Query -> Transient Infoprovider ERP). What are the technical requiertment for this scenario? Do I need a Java Stack?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The "BW Netweaver" connector in Xcelsius Data Manager is for BW access.  This consumes BW BEx queries from the BICS runtime hosted on the BI Java stack (BW 7.01 SP05 min. required)

But I'm not convinced this is for ERP / ECC access.

However, if you are a BI 4.0 FeaturePack03 (4.0.3) Dashboard Design user, then it's entirely possible to consume a .UNX universe (from Information Design Tool) which uses the ERP Driver to point to "SAP Tables, InfoSets, Abap functions & Clusters" in R/3. 

Also, this FP03 version can consume BICS olap connections hosted on BI4.0 platform. There is no requirement for BW Java Stack in either of these last 2 scenarios.

Regards,

H

D039507
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

thanks for your answert, but one more question regarding the Java Stack: There is no need of a java stack to run the Dashboard in the system? Normaly I save the Dashboard in the system (Publish) and then i launch it. At the moment I have a system without Java Stack and this doesn't work.

Best Regards

thorsten