cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request activation failed in aDSO - Where's the log

former_member215766
Participant

Hi,

We recently migrated to BW 7.4 on HANA SP13 and we started using Advanced DSOs. However, we are now facing a complex situation. It might be something silly but we haven't figured it out yet.

With classic DSOs, when a request activation failed due to junk data, you used to be able to be able to see the characteristic where it was failing and the problematic value. This was available on the Activation Log.

Now, with Advanced DSOs, we cannot see any of these details. We just get a message saying SID generation failed.

So, is there a way to identify the problematic characteristic and the problematic value in aDSOs? Has the DSO activation log been replaced or been put somewhere else? Do we need to look into HANA? If so, where?

Thanks in advance.

View Entire Topic
SimonKranig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi BW,

in the list of loaded requests, last column is Err. Log, here you should see the detailed infos, i,e. which IOBJ/which value.

Or in the lower part of the screen choose "Activation request" the you will see it on tab Process Log /History..

br,

Simon

former_member215766
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon. Yes, I understand what you're saying. However, in our case we don't see anything in those places.

The only details we can see are "Error in SID generation. Activation failed", with no further details. Am I missing something?