cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports to be sent to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed many Web Intelligence reports, how I can see them in QA server & Production server.

Nancy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See here:

I'm Back

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One can use :

1. LCM(Life Cycle Management)

2. Import Wizard

SAP BO introduced LCM specifically for migration of reports/universes etc between different environments. (DevTestQA--Prod) and at the same time one can use "Import Wizard" also.

And Import Wizard you can use for migration from older version to newer versions.

Per my experience, i used and using Import Wizard for migration between environments.

If you need further help on this, just let me know your mail, i'll share real-time migration doc which i prepared.

I'm Back

former_member59816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have the latest BOE version ie, XI3.x then you can use the Life Cycle Management ie, LCM tool for promoting the webi report created to either production or QA systems.

On top of BOE you have to install the LCM application which gets deployed on the Application Server which you are using with BOE.

Then launch the LCM tool and create LCM job where you can select the BOE Source as system where all webi reports have been saved and BOE Destination where you want to promote the reports.

But important thing to note that the BOE Version in both the Source and Destination systems should be same for LCM to use.

You can go through the below link for more information:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi31_LCM_User_en.pdf

Other wise you can use the Import wizard tool to import the reports from one version to different version of BOE systems.

-Noor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to see valuable replies in short span of time.

I will look after it, thanks.

Nancy