cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Agent Job Scheduling problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I am trying to schedule reporting agent job. I have few pre calculated webtemplates in one reporting agent scheduling package. when i try to schedule it and go to "start condition" - I want to put "After Event". I am selecting Event and giving the parameter name. But when i save and go out the job is already scheduled (checked in sm37). so I tried to chk the job condition again and the event i selected is not there !!!!

I want to create after even condition and schedule that parameter via mainframe as our all job schedule through main frame only !!! can some one tell me why its not working with reporting agent ??

I will definately assign the points.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keral,

Are you able to create other jobs. May be it is an authorization issue. If you feel you have the authroizations then the correct job status after you save would be "released" state.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dinesh and SB,

thank you for your reply. understood your point. but what i m asking is when i put "after event" criteria in the start selection... wouldnt it show that always when ever i go to Reporting Agent scheduling Package --> right click --> schedule --> start condition (i meant the event name and parameter should be saved there)

but once i save it and get out from the scheduling package i can see the job has been scheduled but its not showing that its even controlled job !!!

is it possible to use "after event" option in Reproting agent's job ?

I have few queries under one Reporting Agent scheduling package which is added in one process chain - the PC is running once a month - i added RA at the end of the process chain and the variant will be schedule by mainframe once the process chain has completed successfully. now 2nd thing is: i need to run Reporting Agent job every single day. so need to schedule it twice. we schedule everything by main frame. so if i can save "after event" criteria then i can schedule that parameter by mainframe. the problem is the start condition is not saving my after event condition entries or parameter names.

I hope i m clear. pl. guide its kind a urgent.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The job will will scheduled, but the job will turn to active(run) only after the Event is triggered.