Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report.load hangs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: daryl

CA Forum: .NET

I am using vs2008 and crystal 10.2.xxx (which comes with vs2008)

I have a windows service which attempts to load a crystal report.

However on the load event, the program hangs (forever).

The report is a report that was created using vs2008.

one of the issues I have read about is that it may be trying to log into a database, which I don't want it to do.

I just want to load the report so I can get the parameter values.

assign a datasource then export the report.

Is this a problem with cr10.2? This used to work with vs2003

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: daryl

More information

When running in debug mode, the Report.load still hangs. but If I run the code in the immediate window, then

I get the following error.

CrystalDecisions.Shared.CrystalReportsException was unhandled Message="Load report failed." Source="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine" StackTrace: at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename) InnerException: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Runtime.CrossThreadMessagingException Message="An exception 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Runtime.CrossThreadMessagingException' occurred" Source="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Runtime" StackTrace: at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Runtime.Main.ThrowCrossThreadMessageException(String formatString) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

An exception 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Runtime.CrossThreadMessagingException' occurred

Stack Trace:" at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()\r\n at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)\r\n at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)"

Is there anyone at BO looking at these posts?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Argan

I have never seen this error "CrossThreadMessagingException"

Have you tried running it in a windows app instead of a service?

Just try loading a single report and viewing it?

These forums are unmoderated. You may want to try out the Diamond Forums instead to see if anyone there has seen this.

https://boc.sdn.sap.com/forum