cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Distribution in BW3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if there has been any additions/enhancements to the report distribution function in BW. I went though the preliminary features of 3.5 and did not find anything about this topic.

Also the feature list talks about using JDBC to connect to other relational databses.. would this feature be smilar to using DBconnect currently ?? The questions really is, do we still get to use infopackages to load data from these databases.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

the 3.5 Preliminary Features List has a topic on Information Broadcasting. That is the topic where we have summarized the information on Report Distribution.

Regards,

Eric Schemer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also the feature list talks about using JDBC to connect to other relational databses.. would this feature be smilar to using DBconnect currently ?? The questions really is, do we still get to use infopackages to load data from these databases.

The Resource Adapters of our Unversal Data Connect Strategy will support JDBC drivers as well as XML/A and ADO MD standards. Resource Adapters can hand over data to InfoSources in BW.

InfoSources can link to Infopackages and RemoteCubes as well. Therefore woth this new technology will provide not only persistent data staging in BW but also transient scenarios where BW Queries are getting data form anywhere no the fly.

DB Connect does not support the second scenario.

Rgds

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rainer.

You did put things in a better prespective.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

It also says using SAP portal is a prerequiste for Information broadcasting.. we are looking for ways to distribute reports without using the portal.

Thanks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

For more information on the new functionality of Information Broadcasting you can go to the ASUG website and download a presentation given by Katie Beavers. It was very good and displayed screenshots and a list of functionality provided for this tool. Use the link below to search the conference presentations.

http://bneo15.sba.com/ew/asug/proceedingmod/SingleConf.cfm?clientsess_id=232323&conference_id=54

Furthermore, at the recent ASUG BITI conference in Dallas I participated in the Usability testing for this tool and have seen it first hand and have a decent understanding of the tool. If you require additional information, feel free to contact me via email @ tanner.spaulding@nike.com.

Thank you,

Tanner Spaulding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have seen the preliminary slides on Information Broadcasting, however there is not much detail regarding the use of process chains for Information Broadcasting.

1) Can you please provide some insight into what new events will might be available for Information Broadcasting within process chains?

2) Please describe the integration and capabilities of process chains with Information broadcasting.

Thank you,

Scott