Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicate extended CDS view fields in OData service

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Am sure that about missing something, but thought of asking here.

I am working on C_PURCHASEORDERTP - CDS view, I have added couple of new fields. And now am trying to use them on my UI5 application. But, I can't see them in the OData service itself. But, I can see them when I see the contents of View.

Regards, Chengal

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see the additional properties in the metadata of the OData service? How did you expose the CDS view, auto-exposure, RDS, manual implementation of dataprovider?

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

This is the SAP standard CDS view. I am trying to add new fields to it. and expecting them in Odata service. As I am new to S4, it would be great if there are any step by step procedures to extend SAP CDS views, replicate them in OData service and consume in UI5 app.

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you have read already Extending Apps with Custom Fields which describes the required steps basically. If you extended the CDS view(s) by an extension view and have used OData auto-exposure or RDS, the extended fields/properties are available in the OData service.

How you use it in your UI5 app. That depends on what type of app you have (free-style or Fiori-Elements) and what you wanna do. For instance if you have a Fiori Elements application probably it is enough to add the necessary annoations in your extension view respectively extension metadata.

muhsin_panakkal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I have the same requirement, I need to add a new field in filer bar as per the requirement, all UI are coming from annotation model, how can I extend the annotation model, can you please guide me.

Thanks,

Abdul