cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement path variable using query: Pre-query returning # values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are encountering an issue with replacement path variable using query. In the main query we have

replacement path variable defined on characteristic 0BPARTNER. We have 0BPARTNER in the pre-query as well and while running the main query we do get selection screen of pre-query where we do some filtering. As expected during runtime the data from pre-query for char. 0BPARTNER will be passed to the main query and data will be displayed. However, the pre-query is passing only # entry to 0BPARTNER in main query even though we have lots of records having 0BPARTNER values matching between pre-query and main query. This is happening even if we enter a single matching 0BPARTNER value in the selection of pre-query.

Interestingly, this is happening in our QA system whereas in development system its working fine. In development the pre-query is passing proper 0BPARTNER values. We do have lots of 0BPARTNER data in QA.

Is the issue happening due to huge volume of records in QA ? Appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have raised an OSS Message to SAP and they replied back with a note 1620716 to be implemented. The note has resolved the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Makarand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I did Generate Report both for pre-query and main query in QA system through RSRT, but the issue still exists. I'm running the main query on the portal and through info button I could see that static filters for char. Business Partner is showing value as #.

Thanks & Regards

Makarand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check the type of variable used in the main and prequery.

Also execute the prequery separately to check whether it is fetching values as you have expected.

Thanks

krishnan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the main query we have used replacement path variable using a query(pre-query) on char. 0BPARTNER and in the pre-query we have used manual input variable on char. 0BPARTNER. When I execute the pre-query seperately its running fine and populating the data.

Thanks & Regards

Makarand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check whether your variable has type single value or selection option.

Thanks

krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirshnan,

Its selection option in the pre-query and there is no such option in the main query for replacement path variable.

Thanks & Regards

Makarand

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Makarand,

Run tour Query in RSRT and use Generate report button. It will refresh your Query from the database level. Do this activity in QA. Hope this helps.........

Regards,

Suman