cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for sap.ui.commons.Tree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've seen that sap.ui.commons.Tree and sap.ui.commons.TreeNode are deprecated now (since version 1.38). Does anyone know what's the replacement for this control?

I truly hope it's not something like sap.ui.table.TreeTable

Thank's in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saivellanki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for your reply.

I must admit that that does look close like a tree, but:

• I'm not sure if the namespace tnt is that save for being deprecated to. (I just dunno much about sap.tnt)
  • It seems not to be that flexible yet. I've tried to a Sub-Sub-Node within the Demo, but I couldn't get work.
    Tried:

sap.ui.getCore().byId("__xmlview8--navigationList").getItems()[0].getItems()[0].addItem(new sap.tnt.NavigationListItem())

I still do hope for some official statement what the developers should use to supply a tree instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I was looking for the same answer. According to Deprecated Themes and Libraries - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library:

Some concepts such as Tree, Accordion and Row Repeater have been abandoned completely

The only similar control I could find is the Tree Table.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member596181
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Any chance to get a statement of the UI5 team about "migrating" a tree control?

Partially, I can understand the issues of the tree control on a mobile device BUT the framework should and has to support desktop/tablet usecases too - otherwise it's useless in my opinion.

For me a tree control is a very good choice to present and work with hierarchical data like a bill of material and a single column TreeTable is not the right way to provide the structure in a compact and nicely presented way.