cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace the workitem while executing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am sending a workitem for the release of PO to multiple approvers at a time. As per the process, If one of the approver starts executing the workitem, the others will not be able to do so.

If the approver who executes the workitem first is not going to release the PO, but just comes back from the ME29N screen. Now the workitem wd be reserved for the approver and the others will not be able to do anything. Only this approver will have to release the PO. My requirement is to replace this workitem so that the other approvers can release the PO.

Is this feasbile or not.... I have tried to do the same using the function modules in the method SINGLERELEASE which is used to release the PO. But was unable to get the result.

Please do help me out.

Thanks,

Samson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can also use deadline feature May be you can use Actual Start date and time to put some standards in deadlining

Use Latest end tab.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Program exit in task which is called after executing the Workitem for the task. Add the code which Changes the status from 'SELECTED' or 'STARTED' to 'READY'. Use BO Object 'WORKITEM', read the attributes. WORKITEMSTATUS attribute gives the current status of workitem. Then change the status using method STATUS_CHANGE. This I have tried executing manually for a case which works perfectly.

Regards,

Vaishali.

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try Using FM SWL_WI_REPLACE which replace the Workitem Status.

Hope it helps...!

Regards

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narin,

I have used the function module "SAP_WAPI_PUT_BACK_WORKITEM" to replace the workitem in all the approvers inboxes so that everyone can release the PO. But the problem is I am executing this f'n module while the processing of the workitem is going on. So the wokritem is not replaced.

Is there any other way that I can replace in the same method while processing the workitem.

Thanks,

Samson