cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace existing datasource with new one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a situation where I need to change the exisitng datasource(0FI_GL_4) to new datasource(0FI_GL_14).

Currently existing datasource is loading to DSO and then to Cube.

I am told that we should be using same DSO and Cube. Now my questions are :

1) Is there any thing in particular i should do as I will be having 2 datasources under existing DSO(one will be switched off. The agreement is we go live adding the new datasource but will be switched off for certain time. Then we switch on this and switch off the old one)

2) Do I need to do anything to make sure exisitng data (loaded with old datasource) remins even after we start loading using new one as the new one is just a replacement, but reading from different tables.

Your help is much appreciated

Kind Regards

Shanthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shanthi,

You can many datasources for a single flow. You need not do anything extra. just assign the data source and then do mapping as you generally do. This should not be problem. But is the new datasource also bringing data from the same old source tables or any other data? If same, once you switch on the old one how are you going to maintain delta. what should be the criteria? Just think abt these things.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

Venkat,

The new datasource is extracting same data from different source tables. So I guess the existing data will remain as long as I don't overwrite. And once the new datasource is activated, we won't be using the existing old datasource. This time the delta needs to be triggered from new datasource and new delta data should be appended to the existing data in ODS.

Hope above scenario is technically achievable.

Regards

Shanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shanthi,

It could be from diff source tables. But ensure that you diffentaiate new and old data using some indicator. you will know the benefit of this going forward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can change into new Data Source.

From new Data Source you can load data into the old ods.

but if you want to kepp the old records as it is, then don't delete data in the ods.

hope this helps......

Rag

Pra

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add several datasource to one infoprovider, each datasouce is joined to their correspondig infoprovider with the update rules.

If you dont delete or overwrite old data, it remains there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone shed some light on please...