Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Enterprise portal with SCP Portal

former_member214276
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running enterprise portal 7.4. Since end of support is 31/12/2020, we are looking into our options.

1. Upgrade 7.4 to 7.5 (support until 2024). This seems the easiest solution. What is the theoretical effort for this upgrade?

2. Go to SCP. This would require a lot of new licenses i think. Also other components as the IAS will have to be implemented.
Two options within this scenario.
2.1 Keep running our webdynpro apps (ESS/MSS)
2.2 Use the fiori app library and enhance to fill our needs

3. Leave portal and run Fiori apps on Fiori Launchpad on netweaver gateway. Transfer apps in stages to Fiori apps.

4. Run unsupported

For the moment I don't see the added value of using SCP if we can use the fiori launchpad. Don't see the gap with portal.

Would be nice to get some insight into this.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wzhangw
0 Kudos

Hi jan.derijck, what decision did you make?

Nicole

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello jan.derijck

As far I see below 2 options you better go with...

1. Upgrade 7.4 to 7.5 (support until 2024). This seems the easiest solution. What is the theoretical effort for this upgrade?

If you upgrade this yes, you will get support till 2024 but what after that? You still need to upgrade it again or go to new version.... Any SAP product you need to keep it up to date in order to get support from SAP. If you are running portal as single point of entry than I would suggest you to go with this upgrade. This is not just a portal but it comes with other services as ADS and BI java add-in. I am not sure how your existing portal installation is and what it serve!!!

3. Leave portal and run Fiori apps on Fiori Launchpad on netweaver gateway. Transfer apps in stages to Fiori apps.

FIORI is new way and this is the path SAP clients are going to. If you using pure ESS/MSS kind of functionality on portal than Fiori can serve this and this is new way to do it plus this product can serve you offline too..

I also recommend you to check SAP product road maps for both

Now choice is yours what path to take.

Thank you

Yogesh