Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating subreport header on each page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: ozi

CA Forum: General

Hi All

I'm new to Crystal XI so have a basic question for you guys. I have a report with 3 subreports and some of the subreports sometimes some of the subreports run onto more than one page. I would like to be able to repeat the subreport header on each page when this happens. Any ideas?

Much appreciatedOz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: noodles

Within the subreports, do you have the header info you want to repeat on each page in the "Page Header" section or the "Report Header" section. If it is in the "report header", move it to the "Page header" section.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: bornwinner

Please let me know if anyone got the solution....I am working Crystal Report XI, using BV and BE...my req is also similar say...I have 3-4 sub reports and one of the sub reports detail section goes to 3-4 pages and I want to repeat the header on each new page of detail data for that sub report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: rachel

I have run into this one myself!!! Here is your solution:

Step 1: Create a Formula as following. I call my formula ShowPH:

WhileReadingRecords;

" "

Step 2: Add a Group from Insert Menu-select Group and you will see Insert Group. Select ShowPH formula there and click on Options tab. On Options tab, select "Repeat Group Header on Each Page".

Step 3: Now add all text you want to display on the header of each page on the Group section area.

Hope this helps!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the group you created is at the top of the sub report. put the headings into it.

brilliant!

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, I've struggled myself for quite a while until I've found your solution. Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik Thiessen,

After Creating ShowPH formula and a group, could you please explain clearly where should i put the formula for the group. And where should i exactly place the headings i.e. at group header or group footer? Thanks in advance.