cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming an instance

MichaelG258
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have created a sandbox host server and want to test applying support packs to my production instance. In the past I used SWPM System Copy to perform the function, however, that has been replaced by System rename which is fine.

I have restored my PRD environment o the sandbox host. As the host name is different, I have gone into the profiles and replaced the old host name with the current host name. I also renamed any profiles to use the current host name. I also changed references in the sapservices file.

I can start SWPM and select the system rename. As I go through the pages, I can select the source/target SID and it comes up with the profiles using the new host name. However, when I proceed, I get an error:

An error occurred while processing option System Rename > Standard System > SAP System Rename (Last error reported by the step: Cannot get the attributes for library R3PRDJRN). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue later.

Log files are written to /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD.

SAP lives in an iASP and the source DB and JRN library are visible. I'm not sure what attributes it is looking for on the R3PRDJRN. Any ideas are helpful

View Entire Topic
ralf_buescher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

could you please check the parameter dbs/db4/rdbname in the DEFAULT.PFL on your sandbox host server.

As you wrote, the DB library and the Journal Receiver library are located on an IASP. The SWPM relies on the information in the DEFAULT.PFL to use the correct IASP. When you switch to a sandbox host server maybe the IASP name has changed also. The entry in the DEFAULT.PFL should look like this:

dbs/db4/rdbname = <IASP_name_of_your_sandbox_host_server>

Kind regards, RB