cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Navigation Block from 3.5 workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a 3.5 workbook with a few queries and want to remove the navigation block. I've done it with 7.0 but never with 3.5. Can someone please tell me if it's possible and how to do it.

Thanks

Suzanne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simplest way of doign it - hightlight the navigation block and delete rows in excel - then save

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, that sounds very simple except that the upon refresh the navigation block comes back. This workbook is to be run in background.

Did I misunderstand your suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you save the workbook back to the BW server?

It works will ours

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I did was select the rows of the navigation block and then up in the excel menu --> EDIT --> DELETE. Then I saved to the server. When I refreshed, those lines came back.

Should I have done it differently?

Thanks for your help

Suzanne

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats the way to do it.

Can you check in the workbook properties if you have set to retain format on refresh ??? so that it wont return to global definition of query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That must be the problem. I did set it to go back to global because at one point I changed the query and the format came back with the original and the new on top. Anyway, I'm loading again now but I'll try that.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try this:

in BEx menu-> layout ->move result area

then move the result area to a new sheet, so you will get only the result area without the navigation block.

hope it helps.