Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relations between Entity Services in UI

martin_pichlo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

today I've read the next guide, "88 Creating an Application Service (Service)". Now I still wonder how to create relations between two Entity Services in UI. Until now I thought I could do it by using an object editor. Is there a way to create such an UI element?

Thanks!

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Austin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

The "Relation Tab" and "Object Editor" UI Patterns are used together to display the Entity relationships in the UI. This is discussed on page 24 of tutorial #88. The only difference is that the tutorial is showing how to do this with the Entity "TravelLocation" and it's relation to a complex attribute "Address". "Address" could have been configured as a separate Entity Service (instead of complex attribute) with a relationship to "TravelLocation". If it was modeled this way, the UI pattern configuration would have been similiar and used the ObjectEditor and Relation Tab.

Regards,

Austin.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://<host>:<port>/caf -> user interface configuration -> Configuration Browser -> Object Editor -> Select or create configuration -> Click "Preview" button on the configuration toolbar

or

http://<port>:<host>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/cafUIptn~objecteditor/ObjectEditor?app.configName=<configName>

Aliaksei

martin_pichlo
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

How can I access "Object Editor" ?

I can't find it .

Regards, Arnold.

lars_verbchels
Explorer
0 Kudos

It works! I create an relation tab (using an objectbrowser, an objectbrowserlist and an objecteditor). Then I select this relation tab component in my objecteditor and choose "keeper" as reference name. thank you!

martin_pichlo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Austin,

this is was I thought. The Entity Travel have several relations to other Entity Services. For example person, car and travellocation. If I select the service "sap.com/carpool/TravelService" I can only choose between the following head aspects:

KEY_Travel

KEY_operation_input

Travel

operation_input

I miss the entries travel_keeper, travel_passenger, travel_car, travel_startlocation and travel_targetlocation.

Could you explain me the wright way?

Thank you very much!

Martin