Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejection reason in SAP workflow

sridhar_meesala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to give a popup for entering the rejection reason in user decision step. I have created a method and added the logic in that to call the text box. When I execute the workflow, I get the below error.

Below is my task binding:

The container also has value for requester

I have also tried giving initial value for the container field but still I get the same error.

Can someone please let me know if I am missing something?

Regards,

Sri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to create a separate method anymore (unless you're on an old version of SAP)

In the user decision, per outcome you can now define justification (1 required, 2 mandatory)

Then when the user selects one of those options they will see a text box where they can type the text

Then you bind back Decision_note.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

sridhar_meesala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

Yes, but unfortunately I am on old version.

Regards,

Sri.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the agent assignment of the task.

PFTC, type in task

Then Additional data-->Agent assignment-->maintain

PS if you're on an older version you also have to refresh the HR buffer after agent assignment with transaction swu_obuf

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What version are you on?

Setting the task to General Task may help.

regards

Rick

sridhar_meesala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

I had tried also by assigning agent and also did the buffer refresh but still get the same error.

Regards,

Sri.

sridhar_meesala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

ECC 6.0 EHP 4. Changing the task to a General Task also did not work. I tried that as well.

Any other points I could have gone wrong?

Regards,

Sri.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your screenshot where you show step 18, the icon next to Agent Assignment is yellow.

Is it still yellow after setting it to General Task (and doing SWU_OBUF)?

Are you sure REQUESTER_ID has a value before the step is created? I assume there are no Excluded Agents for that task.

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check, if this SAP-Note can be implemented in your system, which installs the Rejection-Popup for decision tasks.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1643764

Florin

P.S.: There's a follow-up correction note, on that note, too. So please check the text.

sridhar_meesala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

Icon next to Agent Assignment is still yellow after making it as a General Task and doing swu_obuf. Yes requester_id has a value before this step is created and yes there are not no excluded agents for this task.

Regards,

Sri.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How is Requester_ID defined?

See if it works with WF_INITIATOR instead, to narrow down where the problem is.

regards

Rick

sridhar_meesala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

Requester_ID is referred to ERNAM, importing, exporting and mandatory field. Yes I did try with wf_initiator and also as mentioned in my original post I also tried giving a initial value to it directly still no luck.

Regards,

Sri.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sridhar_meesala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry for wasting you time. My bad. I had changed the task to general in the development client and not in the testing client. Now it works fine. Thank you all for your help.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agent assignments are HR objects. In the future you can use report RHMOVE30 to add agent assignment in transports.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You have  two step, One for User Decision and another for Rjection text.  You have to maintain same agent assignment in both the  step. Then in the second step   DETAILS tab  click on 'Advance with Dialouge'.

Then test it.