cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinitialization to restore lost delta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I beleive when a delta upload fails, the first thing to do is set the QM status to RED, then run the infopackage which will get the lost delta.

But in the worstcase when the above solution doesn't help we need to delete in the init request.

can anyone please tell me how to delete an init request? i know it is done at the schedyling tab of an infopackage but which info package is that? delta or init?

what are the steps involved in re initialization.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

raj,

from my experience there is no distinction between a delta or an init delta infopackage. the init request data is infosource-dependent. (i.e. there may be more than 1 infopackages for say, 2LIS_03_BF, but they will all be able to view the init delta information for that specific infosource.)

so you can actually delete that from whichever of the infopackages for a certain infosource.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan

Thanks for your email. Can be a little elaborative in your reply, and tell where and what should I do in the infopackage -> scheduler tab to achive the deletion of init request.

when I do delete the request, what steps do I need to do to reinit? just create another info package or anyother steps.

Please help

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

raj,

just highlight the init entry, and click delete. you should also delete the init loading in the relevant infoprovider/s.

to reinit, go to the update tab and load in an initialize delta process request. no need for another infopackage. (though sometimes it can simplify the process).

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As well said by our friends, also keep in mind that you have to delete the data from data targets , which are populated by this infosource directly or indirectly.

i.e,

1) Delete the data form direct data targets (data is populated through this infopackage)

2) Delete the data from indirect data targets ( Data is populated from previous data targets)

3) Delete the data from LBWQ

4) Delete the initialization setup table's data

5) Delete the Delta initialization information at infopackage

6) Start Delta initialization again

7) Execute the delta initalization infopackage.

With rgds,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

From your reply, I gather that, whenever we go for reinitialization we delete all the delta data in data targets.

ok we go for this reinit, when we have a unsuccessful delta load, and setting QM status to RED and running the delta infopackage doesnot solve the issue.

in this case setting is setting QM status to RED enough, or we also have to delete the request from cube before we run the delta infopackage?

what does the QM status signify? if its RED does it mean does for the request is not loaded? so we can run the package again to load data and there wouldnot be duplicate data?

please clarify

thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Yes ,You have to delete the request from datatargets .I think QM only gives the information about the status of the upload .

See the foolwing explanation in note: 602260

If you are carrying out a complete reconstruction, delete the contents of the corresponding data targets in your BW (cubes and ODS objects).

Note also that downstream data targets that have a new data target to be built as a source (key word: DataMart) must also be deleted.

With rgds,

Anil