cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Portal Caching for BW Report iviews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are at the level of choosing which report to have which level of cach in portal for bw report iviews.

In our portal implementation , users will acess their reports through portal, here there are nearly 170 reports which will comes from bw. In this 170 reports 20 reports are previous day sales reports...i need to decide which level of cach is used for these 20 reports... what would be the cach validity period.

which option do really help us for permonance wise

None(default)

Session

User

Shared

Kindly suggest me

Regards

PRadeep

Message was edited by: Pradeep Reddy

Message was edited by: Pradeep Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

for performnce issue u also consider the WAS parameter in the BW system (Using RZ10).

also see the following SAP Notes might helps u

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All notes does not talks about which level need to consider for my req...

Some notes says that..if i use "User" level caching..it will not work some times...

Kindly provide me good solution of this

rgds

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

look at the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5f/2720a513ea4ce9a5a4e5d285a1c09c/content.htm

might it's helps u

regards,

kaushal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If these 20 reports are accessed by all users then it is better to give the caching level as " Shared " if it is not so ....i mean to say if it is user specific then give it as "User".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joshua Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

These 20 reports are Previous day sales reports....There is legacy system from there every night data will transfer to BW...so when the user logs into portal..they will access only previous day..not current date...

In our implementation...there are few internal customers and more external customers...there 20 repprts will access only internal customers and few external customers....

if u choose "Shared" level of cach ..Every time in the morning one user needs to login to poral...they have to access all the reports...then only it will shared? right..

Can it be "User" level...

if i take user level...how it performs...

I cant personalize iviews to every user...

Kindly suggest me

rgds

pradeep

former_member195896
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

you normally would get all the information you need in the help file. But this is what you should do:

If a report is common for all users, then you should put it into "Shared mode", this will set the cache for all users of your system.

Use User specific only if it is different for all users.

in every case, the first time user will pay the penalty for all the other. after this, the cache will contain data and thus each request will be from the server.

If you want to avoid the first user paying the penalty then maybe you could implement forward caching in your scenario. ( the extent to which this would be beneficial will depend upon the number of combinations for content for you.) maybe you could write a portal service to get the content into cache on a scheduled basis.

this is stretching it, but you could also think about Information broadcasting with KM repositories for BW reports.

cheers

Hope this helps you.