cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding number of crystal report licenses required for concurrent users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using crystal report provided by IBM clearquest for report generation. However, there were problems when the number of users exceed 5 as reply from IBM clearquest mentioned that there should only be 5 concurrent license who can generate crystal reports and we were told to purchase crystal report server for 10 users of IBM clearquest. My question is we have 10 concurrent licenses of IBM clearquest users. If each of these users generate 3-4 crystal reports concurrently when they are logon, how many crystal report licenses are required? Do we just require 10 or 30 crystal report licenses?

Thanks in advance.

TY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

concurrent licenses should be tied to sessions so if your users are creating multiple invoview windows then it would use more licenses but just creating a report shouldn't. I'm not quite sure I understand your issue, could you let us know the workflow being used by your users in a little more detail?

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we are using IBM clearquest software to create a customized workflow system. We have 10 concurrent user licenses. All the users are using cq web clients. Each user will create 3 to 4 crystal report concurrently which will then be converted to pdf file and uploaded into cq web client for viewing.

Currently the program will hang and some transactions will have missing states when the number of concurrent users exceed 5. The developer told us it is most likely caused by crystal report licenses. As each user needs to create 3 to 4 crystal report each time so I am not sure of the number of licenses which we would need to purchase for the crystal report server which we would need in our scenario.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

So is this clearquest app accessing crystal via URL? or SDK? If so then I'm not sure how sessions are handled in that situation. It could be that each report uses one. This forum is for infoview support in which case logging in via infoview should only use up 1 license regardless of how many reports are accessed.