cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding loading the data into ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having a sitaution where I had filled an ODS with data. Now few fields have to be added to the ODS for reporting purpose. I have added the fields. But I am having doubt in how to fill those fields alone in that ODS so that the data can be represented in the Reports on that ODS. Is there any prerequits and precautions that have to be taken????

Regards

YJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YJ,

1. Add the field 0BILL_NUM to the ODS.

2. Now in the update rules you would find the 0BILL_NUM field. Map it to the attribute if it is a attribute of master data. If teh field exists in the datasource then it is a direct mapping. If it is not then write an ABAP routine and populate it.

Bye

Dinesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YJ,

If the datasource has the field and you have selected that field then it would be availbale in the transfer rules. Now activate the transfer rules. You would also find the field in the already existing update rules based on the same infosource. Just map the field in the update rules.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just write a prog and execute it to fill the added field.

ex: if sy-subrc <> 0.

message s000 with 'No records selected for the specified criteria.'.

else.

loop at int_tab.

update /bic/aODS00 set

added_field= int_tab-added_field

where condition.

if sy-subrc = 0.

counter = counter + 1.

endif.

endloop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Thank you very much for the input. Well the InfoObject should be populated by 2LIS_13_VDITM.

Can I directly create another update rule to the ODS mapping with the InfoSource 2LIS_13_VDITM ??? So that the 0BILL_NUM will be populated.

Regards

YJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

THERE IS NO WAY TO CREATE UPDATE RULES TO THE SAME ODS FROM SAME INFOSOURCE..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the only way is to create an extra update rule with a routine or whatever to fill this extra field ...

regards,

Davy

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the source of the Billing document number? is it has to come from source system (or) that can be pickedup from any other reference in BW?

regards,

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Create 'update rules' connecting the same ODS and try to fill theose 'new' fields in the start routine. I assume that they can be derived using existing fields and some logic.

regards,

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari Kiran,

I didnt get your point. Let me give you the correct information, we are having an ODS had loaded it with data. Now we decided to add 0BILL_NUM. How to fill this 0BILL_NUM alone. Can you elobarate the process and let me know how to do it.

Regards

YJ