Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Language dependecny of SAP Scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi one and all,

Few queries in SAP SCRIPT:

1. When I create a new script in certain language (say English), will it be automatically created in other languages?? If not what's the exact process to be followed

2. For an existing script, how to find out in how many langauges is it being maitained??

3. After the second point above (if the no. of languages in which the script is maintained is known), if there are some changes to be made in the logic (like addition of some if clause etc.), do these changes need to be done in all the languages individually???

4. Finally, if I am making changes in two different scripts, why does both these changes go into the same transport reqeust? Why does a confirmation not requested -to use the same request or create new ??

Advance Thanks

Aadarsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aadarsh,

1 When I create a new script in certain language (say English), will it be automatically created in other languages?? If not what's the exact process to be followed

No, It won't be created automatically in other language.

Thru SE71, we can copy a sapscript from one language

to other language.

(Sapscript is always LANGUAGE DEPENDENT)

2. For an existing script, how to find out in how many langauges is it being maitained??

One way is using the find / search .

Goto SE71.

place cursor in the Form Field.

press Ctrl F.

new window will come. (then press enter)

again new window will come.

In form field tyep the name of the layout (eg. MEDRUCK)

Blank/Clear the language field

EXECUTE.

It will show all MEDRUCK(Purchase Order layouts)

in various languages.

3. After the second point above (if the no. of languages in which the script is maintained is known), if there are some changes to be made in the logic (like addition of some if clause etc.), do these changes need to be done in all the languages individually???

No and Yes.

If u use the layout only in one language,

then make changes only in that layout (for that language only)

If u use all lnagues, then YES, individiually

all layuouts need to be modified. (its time consuming)

4. Finally, if I am making changes in two different scripts, why does both these changes go into the same transport reqeust? Why does a confirmation not requested -to use the same request or create new ??

The system will pop up a window for asking the request.

By DEFAULT, it shows the latest request nubmer

HOWEVER, u can choose to CREATE a new request

and assign the layout to this new request.

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

Amit M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit & Deepak,

Thanks for your point wise replies. Regarding transport request, I expected a pop up, but it is not giving. ANyway let me check out it once again.

I will reward points after practically checking the things, else will revert back

Once again thanks for ur patience

Aadarsh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 4th point.

There is no any relation of modifying the 2 scripts and you are assigning 2 for same CTS.

Why you are assigning both the scripts to single CTS is when the CTS is released both will move at a time to Quality later to Production.

For 1st point.

It will not create in other languages.

You need to convert the language at the creation of FORM.

Thanks.

I hope this will help you.

If this helps you award points.